Diễn đàn thương mại Quảng Bình
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.
Diễn đàn thương mại Quảng Bình

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aussie woman, 89, beats off bandit with handbag

Go down  Thông điệp [Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang]

quangbinh

Admin

SYDNEY (AFP) – An 89-year-old Australian woman who used a handbag to beat off a knife-carrying would-be robber said Friday she would do it all again, adding she would have "killed him if I could".

The woman, known only by the pseudonym Jean, was chatting with two friends in an underground car park in Melbourne on Thursday after buying a bottle of wine to enjoy after a day's shopping when a "grubby" man approached.

When he allegedly held a knife to the throat of Jean's 82-year-old lifelong friend and demanded her handbag, Jean acted without hesitation.

"I thought he was going to kill (her) and I wasn't going to have that, and I just hit him with my bag on his face," Jean said.

"I'd have killed him if I could."

The grandmother with the knife at her throat had already attempted to kick the would-be thief in the groin.

"He was just saying 'Give me your bag! Give me your bag! And I said: 'No way'," the woman, who asked to be known as Marie, said.

"I tried to kick him in the groin but I could not move my leg far enough or high enough."

The man fled after a male passer-by came to the defence of the women, but not before their 71-year-old companion had memorised the number plate of the stolen car he used to escape.

Police were impressed by the women, who survived the incident with handbag intact and only a small cut to Marie's hand, which did not require treatment.

"It was a pretty scary thing to go through, for even me, let alone an 82-year-old," said Senior Constable David Millar.

"I wouldn't say [Marie is] feisty at all, she's just a nice old lady."

https://quangbinh.catsboard.com

Về Đầu Trang  Thông điệp [Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang]

Permissions in this forum:
Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết